I regularly engage in speaking, presenting and facilitating workshops. I conduct keynotes, speaking engagements, and workshops ranging from 60 minutes to all-day.
A list of some of my more recent presentations can be found below:-
KEYNOTE/POWERPOINTS as PDFs
The content can be used by individuals but cannot be reproduced without written permission
- November 2016 – A PDF of Module 3 of the Talking Leadership Series – Talking with Others -part of the four module series – in this case developed for Willunga High School.
- September 2016 – A PDF of the the Presentation to the national ACEL Conference – A Narrative on Difference. Videos embedded in powerpoint are either identifies by URL or can be found below on this page.
- June 2016 – A Narrative on Leadership PDF of presentation to Eyre Leaders (DECD) on leadership, specifically know yourself.
- May 2016- A Narrative on STEM – PDF of presentation to Leaders in Department of Education, Western Australia. Amazing to analyze the number of students who followed STEM pathways – simply because of our approach to doing and integrating stuff!
- April 2016- A Narrative on Change – PDF of presentation to the combined Diploma of Management and Organization and Grad Diploma (DECD)
- January 2016 – A Perspective on the Use of Data for the Grad Diploma in Strategic Leadership Course(DECD)
- November 2015- Re-imagining our Schools– presentation to the Whyalla schools (SA) on the potential of their amalgamation.
These video presentations can also be found at the SymoLyn Channel on YouTube
The Big Picture – the first ever Webisode produced by the Education Department of South Australia. Focusses on the establishment of MOC. (2011)
MOC’s Big Day Out – the principal’s speech at the official opening ceremony of MOC. This vented was attended by both the Governor of South Australia and the Premier of South Australia. (2012)
MOC Entitlement – one of two videos produced by Apple Education to look at the use and impact of digital technology at MOC. Featured in the video is Dean Clark ADE, then the Director of Innovation (2013)
Social Media@MOC – the second video produced by Apple Education. This one looked at our pioneering work using Facebook. (2014)
Facebook@MOC – a video produced after a series of workshops for other schools on the use of social media at MOC. (2012)
The MOC Story – was updated every year and included in that year’s induction materials (our EKeys). We believed it essential that our history be “documented” and shared with staff as they came into the school such that we all shared the same understanding of why the school was begun and our core key principles. (2015)
iTunesU and iPads @ MOC – an instructional video produced at MOC explaining how we saw iTunesU being able to be developed for curriculum documentation and cohesion at MOC. Produced by Kelly Carpenter, narrated by Russell Barwell. (2015)
Exhibitions of Learning – a video illustrating the importance of real product with an authentic audience. Senior and Middle Years Exhibition Night November 2015.
Creating iTunes Courses for your School – written by Kelly Carpenter for Mark Oliphant College – a free iBook available in iTunes store. Describes how we built our course catalogue with many of the do’s and dont’s. (2016)
Transition Passport– written by Lynne Symons. As part of a Peachey Partnership project on supporting transition from primary to secondary school I researched the mechanisms that could best support transition. This passport was developed as a student tool for use during term 4 (and 3) of year 7