MAKE LEARNING BETTER PERSPECTIVES – NUMBER 1, 2017
Welcome to my first newsletter for 2017. This newsletter is posted alternate “weeks” to my videos. It is a complement to the Make Learning Better Facebook page in that it highlights articles, websites that have been posted during the previous period – plus a few others that might not have made the page.
It always promises to be “short sharp and shiny” – it should be less than a 5 minute read.
In my first newsletter for 2017 I wanted to share some bits –
A few of my favourite Facebook feeds – with more next time.
- For fabulous cartoons – Gaping Void
- Karen Cornelius’s page for Teacher Solutions- Importance of Leadership
- Jennifer Gonzalez’s community of people obsessed with education – Cult of Pedagogy
- A Page primarily for women in leadership –Be Leaderly
Facebook Groups you may like to join – these two are challenging thinking about education- both are closed however you just need to apply to join –
Newsletters straight to your inbox – there are heaps – here are two of my favourites- again more next time!
- Leadership Freak – short , pithy and usually good (Dan Rockwell)
- Global Digital Citizen – Lee Watanabe-Crockett
- Tim Urban – Mind of the Master Procrastinator – so me & for all of us procrastinators!
- James Veitch – This is what Happens when you reply to Spam Email – for while you are procrastinating – one of my all time favourites!
Craig Smith’s brilliant site – Autism Pedagogy – I am incredibly biased having worked with Craig and think he is “one out of the box” do yourself a favour and check out the site. If ever you get to go to a workshop with Craig make sure you get there!
A couple of articles that did not make it to the Facebook Page but that you may be interested in
- Tearing Down the Silos in K-12 Education – from ASCD
- Six Year Old Girls Already Have Gendered Beliefs About Intelligence – the Atlantic
In every newsletter I will highlight other interesting bits and their sources.
Finally have a great start to the new school year – even with my broken ankle I am have just had a great session as a Curious Stranger at Marryatville HS and will follow that up with both ongoing Alliance work with the secondary schools in Whyalla and delivering Session One of the Talking Leadership Program.
P.S If you like the newsletter please leave a comment and share in your networks.